1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss this notice click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO FORUM ISSUES (Cont'd)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by J3scribe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

Is there a reason why some people do not change the title when adding better or more pictures ? :thinks:
    It is very simple nowadays ... :rolleyes:

2. 06061972

06061972 Ten Years of Phun

3. 06061972

4. Tranqui36

Tranqui36 ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

5. 06061972

6. makojakopako

makojakopako ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun Phun Award Holder

7. Magge

Magge Yoda no more, just a friendly alpaca lover ! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster The Alpaca Whisperer Phun Award Holder

A simple answer would be nice ... :thinks:

8. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Are you really looking for an answer? How can any of us speak to why others do what they do...or in this case, dont do?

Magge likes this.
  9. Magge

:lmao: ... Well, That is an answer !
    Thinking about something else, though. :)

10. redphill4

redphill4

11. Magge

Why not just make it a Must ?
    It really is not difficult.
    No one special, but those who post a lot.
    Sometimes the search becomes difficult, when images are added without comment / add in the title ...
    Well, perhaps me just being a bit difficult ! ;)

12. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Thats only a partial fix at best anyway. If I add images to your thread, I cant edit your title. Should I make you responsible for editing your titles everytime anyone adds? I think we have done a pretty good job trying cover as much as we can with the rules. Would you like me or someone else to post for you? That would be even simpler for you, right?

Magge likes this.
  13. Magge

Well, i do add "adds" to every post of mine when someone else puts adds in there ... most of the time.
    How come you can not change my title, as i can ?
    Nope, the posting i can do for myself ... As You may have noticed ! ;)

14. Majesty9917

Thats great that you do that. In my opinion, its a big ask to compel anyone who posts anything here to check on all their threads for adds regularly in perpetuity.

I can change, but im a mod. You cant edit anyone elses titles. That was my point.

Magge likes this.
  15. Magge

Thanks, as not doing hundreds of them every day, it is quite easy to check them ...
    As Your saying this i was wondering: If I add images to your thread, I cant edit your title. ...
    ... Know that i can`t change anyone elses titels.

Well, anyway, hope You got my point ... Please change title when adding stuff !

16. Majesty9917

:pat:

So you are telling me that every time you log in, you go back through your post history and check to see if there are any adds? If thats true, good for you that you have that much time and dedication. You cant expect everyone to do the same.

But, what if you come on and decide to post adds in my thread before I log on that day? You would search my thread and run into your problem anyway, no? I might post a thread and not return for a week or a month. What happens then? Do we require that you have email alerts on at all times on your phone so you can always be available to change your title 24/7? This is how its always been magge. Doesnt seem to be a reason to reinvent the wheel. Doesnt even seem feasible anyway.

Magge likes this.
  17. Magge

:rolleyes:
    Yep, when i see someone make additions to my posts, i change the title. Not that hard !

We do not need to exaggerate !
    ... but when i myself add adds, i change the title immediately.

As the wheel already has been invented seems we are going nowhere now.

Sorry, for just asking ! :(

18. Majesty9917

For most of us, mods and members, phun is not our full time job. Nothing wrong with asking a question. So, ask the question. Your initial question was vague and didnt seem to elicit an actual response. So you quote yourself and still remain vague. Finally, after me pulling teeth, you ask the question. Why dont we make a rule about editing titles when there's adds? I answered and you didnt like the answer. So I explained myself better. Days of dialog that could have been 2 posts. Your question and a mods response.

Magge likes this.
  19. Magge

... as Phun was my full time job ! :lmao:
    We stop here Maj.
    Understand that we can`t agree on this one !
    All good ! :)

20. Majesty9917

I fear we may have a language barrier. Anyway :cheers:

Magge likes this.