1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss this notice click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO FORUM ISSUES (Cont'd)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by J3scribe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Fapuccino

Fapuccino Make peace with your gods ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

2. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

1 person likes this.
  3. James25

James25 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

4. Throbbn

Throbbn I'm only here for Phun! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers

2 people like this.
  5. Fapuccino

Fapuccino Make peace with your gods ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

1 person likes this.
  6. yucon

yucon "nice tool, kid" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun Power Poster

7. Xray

I don't know what can be done about it, but I posted a reply, received no standard error message, my reply is there, yet it still says 0 replies in the main menu and it doesn't show up on my settings. The threads didn't move to the top of the Celebrity Photos menu either. Weird.

http://forum.phun.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15 and same thing: http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=1661013

Edit: THIS message doesn't show as having posted either, yet here we are, reading it.

8. Smoopy

Smoopy Livin' the Dream! BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ Ten Years of Phun

If it aint broke, don't fix it (sounds like all the Windows upgrades I had to pull teeth out over)

9. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

When i post in a thread it doesn't show the green arrow anymore that i posted in that thread on the section page, anyone else noticed this aswell ?
    think it's from today it started to happen i see the arrows on the threads i posted yesterday

*edit It seems they don't go to the top of the section page anymore either and don't show as last post on main page

10. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

As you all can tell we have been down for around 5-7 hours. We will try and pick up the slack and clean any mess caused by it. As of right now we dont know what caused it and im not gonna sit here and guess. We were unable to Contact the hosters during this unfortunate situation. Not acceptable by any means but its the reality here im afraid.

3 people like this.
  11. essential

essential Evil wakes in vengeance,be careful what you choose ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Movers & Shakers Power Poster

ooh i didn't know Flip, probably happend when i was asleep at my timezone :)

12. Smoopy

Sounds like a "Phexit" ;)

2 people like this.
  13. Flippy

Flippy Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Power Poster Phun Award Holder

Ba dum tsh.

14. Xray

But it was broke...and needed fixing...

15. Xray

16. Smoopy

That's what everyone from Microsoft, your IT dept. and up to the Phun server hosters want you to think ;)

17. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Forum page says that I'm the only one currently on. Not showing any new posts

18. Bad Robot

Bad Robot Choking the Robot Chicken ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

19. J3scribe

J3scribe we are devo BANNED ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Ten Years of Phun

I wish I had some answers for you guys but I don't. Remain calm and watch a movie or something.

2 people like this.
  20. Flippy

While we dont know the exact reason or cause for the softwares behavior i can say this. What happens is that something is triggering the softwares defense mechanism. Something has caused the information that comes to the server to be much more than it can handle so the system goes into a lockdown state. If you manage too log on you can still do things such as post create threads and thumb threads as you normaly would but it will not show any new threads or posts on the main page. Since the software wont load in the fail safe state it will remain the same as when the lockdown started. I hope some of the technical lingo is understandable.

credit: S-type.

1 person likes this.