1. Guest - Remember that Thread Prefixes are a search tool! Click on a Thread Prefix and all threads with the same Prefix in that forum will be offered to you. To dismiss this notice click on X >>>
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our gif only content threads have a rule where all thumbs must be posted as a static thumbnail that does not play. Currently imagebam made a change where they no longer produce static thumbs. Therefore, please do not use imagebam, or any host, that provides live playing gifs in those specific threads. If you see your gif playing once you post, try to use a smaller thumbnail and if that does not work use a different approved host.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't Log-in?. If your password is no longer accepted but the email address registered in your profile is working, use the "Forgot Your Password?" routine. However, if your registered email address is unusable, create a new temporary phun account and contact S-type.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ATTN: Imagehost picpie is infected with the "internet security warning" redirect that tries to take users hostage with an inescapable redirect. Avoid using picpie as an imagehost.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Too many Alerts? Why not adjust your "Alert Preferences" in your Profile Page?
    Dismiss Notice

INFO FORUM ISSUES (Cont'd)

Discussion in 'About phun.org' started by J3scribe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. redphill4

redphill4

Majesty9917 likes this.
  2. Taipan

Taipan Reach Out And Touch Faith Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder POLL STAR ★

I had to trash your thread because the site offers a proper thread title "Housekeeping.. You Need Towels?"
    So the other thread is better searchable/title is according to our rules,yours unfortunately not.

3. arandomguy

arandomguy Ten Years of Phun

Merlin and Xray like this.
  4. Merlin

Merlin Feelin' Frankensteinish... Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 15 Year Member Phun Award Holder Lounge Lizard

Is it too much to ask to read the entire thread title, rather than just click the nudity tag? I know, it's a big red button, and we all feel the need to push it. Have y'all been around long enough to remember the meatspin redirects?

Sonicboom and Xray like this.
  5. arandomguy

arandomguy Ten Years of Phun

First of: this post is mostly my opinion blended with ... I don't know, some kind of more or less (ok, less) objective understanding of the internet nature.

A rule would ultimately help to weed out the more or less baity stuff.
    As much as hits & clicks and exposure and related things are still relevant in 2022, the baity stuff is a wear on the browsing experience, just in general. And it is magnified by the power of 100, because of the whole dynamic on the market of exposure for the fight of the horny person's (usually male) attention.

I can understand that theoretically, a forum could and should be a forum by itself, and not a framework for a mod's job because of 1000s of rules and guidelines and endless sub-forums ... bla... bla... but man, am I tired of the endless supply of people who like to argue because they jump on the bait for whatever reason (not necessarily because they are legitimately or personally invested in the argument). When you know you have 100 new posts or threads or whatever, and easily the half of them exist because someone was put in a magazine (ok, old school phrase right there) "naked" and the obvious consequences happen, that's not part of a nice or general good experience imho.

So I think it's worth a try to mitigate that. Also, thinking of a mod's activities, it would cut the argument down and make a mod's job easier as well.

... unless it is a policy to welcome and include this aforementioned content under the banner and tolerate the discussions, then obviously this post is a moot point in general.

Speaking of a mod's activities, thank you for your reply and the time and effort you put into the forum regardless. (I don't think you get paid for that.)

MadamMeow and Merlin like this.
  6. Xray

Xray Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Idk what motherfucking joke a fucker mod is playing on me and changed my avatar, because you know I can't change it back. Whoever it was, fuck you! :hitwithrock:

[​IMG]
    I've never seen this picture before in my life and I don't want it! :slap:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    S-type likes this.
  7. Taipan

Taipan Reach Out And Touch Faith Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member Original Phun Crew Phun Award Holder POLL STAR ★

Mind your manner!!

A mod /admin can't change your avatar.

8. Xray

Not true. S-Type can and once did "reset" and "deleted" my avatar to see if I could upload a new one, which I couldn't. If not a mod, where the hell did that picture come from?

S-type likes this.
  9. Taipan

Who was it?

S-type likes this.
  10. Xray

S-Type, the greenie admin. Idk who this time.

S-type likes this.
  11. S-type

S-type Remember to smile! Staff Member ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 15 Year Member

Sorry, it was me - ages ago on an occasion when you raised the difficulty with changing your avatar. I attempted to change it for you and experimented a bit.
    But nothing worked. But I must have accidentally left that in your file.
    Again, sorry - I've deleted it so you shouldn't see it any more! :oops:

Xray likes this.
  12. Xray

Ah well, I apologize for the rant. I see that it takes several months for an avatar to show up. I still see the Bills avatar that I deleted and changed at the end of the season back in January. It only took 4 months for the Cleveland baseball one to show up, a month before the end of the season.

Again, sorry for the rant. It was just unexpected and the whole situation is really annoying. (Btw, I still see it.)

Taipan and S-type like this.
  13. S-type

I'll have to jog cayne's elbow again to kick ISPrime into solving what appears to be a server permissions problem.

arandomguy, Taipan and Xray like this.
  14. Xray

:mutual:

S-type and Taipan like this.
  15. spiderswims

spiderswims I'm too old for this shit ♔♔♔♔♔ 15 Year Member Power Poster Poll Wizard! Gayest Member Phun Award Holder

I understand you apologized for the rant but don't ever say fuck you to a mod again.

16. S-type

That's tricky! When I click on "Edit Avatar" in your profile, "Avatar Editor:Xray" comes up,
    [​IMG]
    If I now click on Browse I see nothing, but that's where I earlier saw the image you saw, so I deleted it. Now I realise that I've simply deleted the image from my PC!
    So it's still lurking in some version of your profile on one of the phun.org servers!
    That's where the problem lies! A server permissions or synchronisation issue.

Taipan and Xray like this.
  17. Xray

Well, thanks for trying anyway.

S-type likes this.
  18. S-type

Thanks for leaping to my defence, Spidey, but just as there's sometimes a defence of "Justifiable Homicide" in the Real World,
    might there not just occasionally be a "Justifiable Fuck You" on phun.org? :cool:

Xray likes this.
  19. Majesty9917

Majesty9917 To crush your enemies...see them driven before you BANNED ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 15 Year Member Meat & Potatoes Guy

Nope! In 15 years here I have never said fuck you to anyone. Trust me, theres some people that have really angered me.

Taipan, Sonicboom, Xray and 1 other person like this.
  20. Xray

Mine was out of line, but sometimes ya just gotta say fuck you to jerks! Or at least think it.